Here's The Jist:

As a Drink Editor I receive a lot of requests for restaurant, bar and nightlife recommendations. So I started a blog to chronicle Chicago's social scene which eventually morphed into New York's drinking and dining scene. After years in Chicago, I'm now a full time resident of NYC, the East Village to be exact. Look forward to sharing the latest and greatest from the wine & spirits world, straight from the Big Apple.






















Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mixology at the Hotel Intercontinental


Dear Lushes,

I've been neglecting you. Apologizes. So without further adieu, thought I'd kick off the month of September by recounting a great Mixology class that I attended at the Hotel Intercontinental. I was invited there for a crash course in how to make the classic cocktails that will be offered this fall at The Bar. I deserved a big slap on the wrist for having never been in the hotel; it was stunning. We gathered in the Lion's Hall, which was the gateway to the former location of The Men's Bar when the property was known as the Medinah Athletic Club in the 1930's, and were greeted with champagne paired with cucumber and crab meat jello, topped with caviar.

Tamas Vago, Food and Beverage Director was the master of ceremonies, guiding us through the tightly edited collection of cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. We had three phenomenal drinks, each of which were uniquely delicious and had legs to stand on its own. I hope the three food and drink pairings below inspire you.

No comments: