Here's The Jist:

As a Drink Editor I receive a lot of requests for restaurant, bar and nightlife recommendations. So I started a blog to chronicle Chicago's social scene which eventually morphed into New York's drinking and dining scene. After years in Chicago, I'm now a full time resident of NYC, the East Village to be exact. Look forward to sharing the latest and greatest from the wine & spirits world, straight from the Big Apple.






















Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Piper-Heidsieck Rare Champagne Tasting

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by Pops for Champagne for the Piper-Heidsieck RARE tasting of the 1999, 1998, 1988 and 1979. It had been a couple of months since I had attending a tasting of this caliber (the last was for Moet & Chandon at the Trump) and my excitement skyrocketed when I learned that one of my dear friends from a past life was a Piper-Heisdsieck distributor. Small world. Rather than regal stories of the past, I want to dedicate this post to the incredible oenologists, or winemakers, who had the patience, determination and ambition to nurture the grapes that were born during the rare years: only seven years in the past three decades were deemed rare.

No comments: