Here's The Jist:

As a Drink Editor I receive a lot of requests for restaurant, bar and nightlife recommendations. So I started a blog to chronicle Chicago's social scene which eventually morphed into New York's drinking and dining scene. After years in Chicago, I'm now a full time resident of NYC, the East Village to be exact. Look forward to sharing the latest and greatest from the wine & spirits world, straight from the Big Apple.






















Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Caipirinha Cocktail Competition


I participated in my first cocktail competition (for charity, so no pressure) a couple weeks ago in honor of the Brazilian Festival, Carnivale at Texas de Brazil. We were charged with creating our own Caipirinha's.  I was in great company, competing against my fellow Food and Drink writers in Chicago. Pictured with me is Chanda Ram, editor of PLATE but contestants included:

  • Stephanie Miller, Drink Editor, Chicago Scene (obvi)
  • Chanda Ram, Editor, PLATE Magazine
  • Marissa Conrad, Associate Editor, Chicago Social
  • Denise O'Neal, Food Writer, Chicago Sun-Times
  • Laura Stolpman, Food & Drink Writer, Chicagoist
I was robbed (kidding) by Laura who took home the grand prize-dinner for 10 at Texas de Brazil- and Marissa was runner up (man! I should have known to use my fav liqueur, Domain de Canton). Looks like my Huckleberry Honey with Muddled Blackberry Caipirinha wasn't quite as good as I thought...

No comments: