I participated in my first cocktail competition (for charity, so no pressure) a couple weeks ago in honor of the Brazilian Festival, Carnivale at Texas de Brazil. We were charged with creating our own Caipirinha's. I was in great company, competing against my fellow Food and Drink writers in Chicago. Pictured with me is Chanda Ram, editor of PLATE but contestants included:
- Stephanie Miller, Drink Editor, Chicago Scene (obvi)
- Chanda Ram, Editor, PLATE Magazine
- Marissa Conrad, Associate Editor, Chicago Social
- Denise O'Neal, Food Writer, Chicago Sun-Times
- Laura Stolpman, Food & Drink Writer, Chicagoist
I was robbed (kidding) by Laura who took home the grand prize-dinner for 10 at Texas de Brazil- and Marissa was runner up (man! I should have known to use my fav liqueur, Domain de Canton). Looks like my Huckleberry Honey with Muddled Blackberry Caipirinha wasn't quite as good as I thought...