Here's The Jist:

As a Drink Editor I receive a lot of requests for restaurant, bar and nightlife recommendations. So I started a blog to chronicle Chicago's social scene which eventually morphed into New York's drinking and dining scene. After years in Chicago, I'm now a full time resident of NYC, the East Village to be exact. Look forward to sharing the latest and greatest from the wine & spirits world, straight from the Big Apple.






















Friday, August 20, 2010

Basil Hayden at WD-50










Basil Hayden’s Bourbon partnered with celebrity chef Wylie Dufresne of WD-50 (located on Clinton on the LES) and mixologist Tona Palomino to create new holiday appetizer and cocktail recipes. Their innovative techniques and use of ingredients was a natural fit for one of my favorite Bourbon's. It was an 80 degree evening in NYC but inside WD-50 I was channeling my holiday spirit. I'm genuinely looking forward to the Fall and am eager to circle back to WD-50 for a proper meal. FYI Wylie's fried egg nog is the best thing I've ever had. Don't judge.

No comments: