Here's The Jist:

As a Drink Editor I receive a lot of requests for restaurant, bar and nightlife recommendations. So I started a blog to chronicle Chicago's social scene which eventually morphed into New York's drinking and dining scene. After years in Chicago, I'm now a full time resident of NYC, the East Village to be exact. Look forward to sharing the latest and greatest from the wine & spirits world, straight from the Big Apple.






















Friday, February 11, 2011

Fashion Week: The Kim Crawford Dispatches


This week is all about fashion and Kim Crawford Wines is the exclusive vino of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center (Feb 10th - Feb 17th). The Wine Bar is a haven for celebs, designers and jet-setters. It's a faux pas to eat at Fashion Week (I learned that at my first fashion weekcouple of ye when I was noshing on a cupcake at a Betsey Johnson show...hey at least I was wearing Thakoon and leather...) so drink up my friends...drink up.


This season Kim Crawford Wines has partnered with NYC nightlife guru – Mr. Patrick Duffy – to host and curate exclusive events in the space. Stay tuned for more deets on those events.

Crowds came out for the fashion week kickoff event of The Heart Truth Red Dress Collection. Kim Crawford Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc were the varietals du jour and could be seen in the hands of Patti LaBelle, Dita Von Teese, Camilla Alves and Matthew McConaughey - who sent their reps out to beg for bottles to bring back to them. One bottle, two glasses each.


Jittery?


After walking the catwalk Eve, Taraji P. Henson and Ann Curry, who, when asked about how she felt when walking the runway for the first time, said “I was petrified. Totally petrified. But I just kept telling myself ’I am here to love you all, I am here to love you all.”



We love you too, Ann Curry.










No comments: