Here's The Jist:

As a Drink Editor I receive a lot of requests for restaurant, bar and nightlife recommendations. So I started a blog to chronicle Chicago's social scene which eventually morphed into New York's drinking and dining scene. After years in Chicago, I'm now a full time resident of NYC, the East Village to be exact. Look forward to sharing the latest and greatest from the wine & spirits world, straight from the Big Apple.






















Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm competing in a Cocktail Competition (Scary)



I'm competing in a charity cocktail competition (Yikes!). See details on this invite.

 I would LOVE to see you all there. 

I've judged many but have never actually participated. It's Thursday, Feb. 19th at Texas de Brazil and they've asked the Wine & Spirits Editors from the Sun-Times, Chicago Social, PLATE Magazine, Chicago Scene (me, obviously) and the Chicagoist to create a recipe incorporating Cachaca (National spirit of Brazil, it's like white Rum) in honor of Carnivale.

All proceeds go to Meals on Wheels. Whether you come for the good food/drinks or to see me crumble under pressure, it's going to be a good time.

Cheers.

No comments: